Saturday, June 2, 2012

Every once in a moon that is blue
I walk to the ocean shore and wait for you
Brought together for but a moment in time
We drifted apart for no reason or rhyme


Fate has its ways of guiding our paths
With sharp twists and turns that happen so fast
An enchanting love story we once shared
Together our lives seemed perfectly paired


As the tides roll in splashing tiny pieces of sand
I dream of the day when you held my hand
But as I stare into the sky so black
I realize I don't need you back


I lie down by the shore for only moments it seems
and my mind slips into colorful dreams
I am awakened to the light of day;
To the sound of strangers passing by the bay


A tall, dark figure in the distance I see
This mysterious figure is moving toward me
And I ask myself, "Could it be?"

No comments: