Thursday, July 10, 2008

thoughts that lie too deep for tears

thoughts that lie too deep for tears
emotions we've held in for years
they make us strong--or make us break
or choose another path to take

they can guide our lives and weigh us down
and change our view of the world around
untold stories, unheard cries
hidden pain behind our eyes...

it's a common bond that we all share
but pretend that we are unaware
of the brokenness--held deep inside
we continue on with our everyday lives
hoping other's never realize ...

but there is One who is always there
desperate for us to become aware
that He paid for our hurt and He holds our pain
He is love,the Lamb who was slain

1 comment:

Sista Cala said...

Too deep for tears, but never so deep that the Lord can not reach & heal. My heart has been touched by your blog posts....your thoughts.....your insights......

Writing is a cathartic measure that has helped me through many trials, disappointments, heartaches, and tragedies. Generally, I write, cry, brood, re-read what I have written, then torch it so that no one ever sees the darkness that plagues me. Occasionally, I may openly post a veiled version of what has jumbled my mind. But, it only remains visible a few hours or at the most a day or two. Having the strength to write it down is one thing, but it is yet another, to have the courage to deal with the conversations that may ensue.

My sister in the Lord, please know that you are in my prayers. Carla